"I don't need to know what's next..."


"You Carry Me" by Moriah Peters has been one of my favorite contemporary Christian songs since I first heard it on the radio many months ago.

Lately this song has been just so relevant to what's going on in my life.  As I am in the process of trying to discern and figure out what God wants me to do with my life.  It's not always easy, and certainly doesn't go at the pace I would like.  Recently some events happened that have made me feel far less certain about where God is calling me and what my path from this point is going to look like.  But the strange thing is that I feel a lot of peace and joy because I know that God is carrying me.  I may not know what the plan is, but I know He does!  And when I look back on my life I can truly see that He has been very close to me all along, leading and guiding me.  He is working everything for good (cf. Romans 8:28) and there are truly thousands of reasons to believe that He is guiding me step by step.  So I feel peace and trust knowing that because God is with me, guiding me and working everything for good, "I don't need to know what's next."  For the time being I don't know what my future holds, but I'm at peace trusting that even in the valleys and storms, God is there! <3

Comments